Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tina Turner Becomes Swiss Citizen – Renounces US Citizenship (& Why This Upsets Me)

Tina Turner is the latest celebrity to renounce their citizenship in favor of another country’s…and I am really tired of what happens next. No, I’m not upset about the US singer dumping her US citizenship and becoming a Swiss citizen. I’ll state this plainly…I think it is absolutely fantastic that she was able to do this. I support Tina 100%. I also respect and support Gerard Depardieu (who traded his increasingly burdensome French citizenship for Russian) and Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin (whom I wrote about here) and anyone else who makes the decision to live their lives freely and by ethical principles. What’s Ethics Got To Do With It? photo credit To echo Tina herself, “What’s love ethics got to do with it?”

http://www.qwealthreport.com/blog/tina-turner-becomes-swiss-citizen-renounces-us-citizenship-why-this-upsets-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment